Actively Participate In Your Google Ad Campaign By Reviewing The Search Term Reports
We make a really good ad copy, put in the right keywords after doing a lot of research, and even bid correctly. However, we fail to get the results we were looking for. This can be quite frustrating. No matter how frustrating it is, it is also a very common issue most of us face in the online marketing platform.
If you are facing the same problem with your ads, again and again, you must review your search terms report once. It could reveal the keywords that are not working and even those you should be using more often. It can also tell if those keywords are relevant to your business or the product that you are selling.
This report can reveal to you if your Google ad campaign is getting mismanaged and the solution to your problem also lies in this report.
If you are unsure as to what is causing your marketing failure, you can take help from an Adwords management Melbourne agency with experts in the field who will monitor your Google search term report and find the loopholes that are pulling your ad campaign down. Australian Internet Marketing is the leading agency that can help you in managing your ad campaign in the right way doing research and optimization to ensure that it produces desired results.
What is a search term?
Unlike keywords that we place in our ad copies to trigger ad clicks, search terms are those phrases that are typed by people in the search engine that triggered your ads to show up. This is why it is very necessary to read the search term report to know if your keyword phrase and the search terms triggering your ad are an exact match or not.
The words before and after the keywords could be making a difference and you won’t even know until you check out what people are searching for when your ad shows up. We should review search terms reports to:
- Look for new target keywords:
- By looking for phrases that your clients type in that results in showing your ad at a top position, could just get you the right keyword that you must target to get results.
- You will also get to know whether your current ad is relevant to what people are looking for. For example, you serve a particular area but your keyword phrase is not triggering local business.
- In such a case, it will be prudent to create a new ad altogether.
- Prevent wastage of money on wrong ad groups:
- By going through the search term reports you will also know if your ad is showing up at the wrong places and resulting in wasted spend at impressions that provide no value to you.
- The solution is to introduce negative keywords in those ad groups to prevent wastage of cost at impressions that will not bring you business.
- Improve quality score:
- By adding negative keywords, we are also reducing the total number of ad impressions.
- This will improve your CTR and hence, give your ad a better quality score.
- Thus, reducing the need for a higher bid to get the top position.
Therefore, if you have never gone through your search term report, now is the right time to take the data from the very start and sit with it to fulfill 2 goals:
- Find negative keywords to prevent wasted impressions.
- To ensure that your keyword is an exact match and not a broad match to improve your conversion rate.
In the very beginning, review the search term report daily and you can slowly increase that time to a weekly and monthly basis. Your frequency will depend upon the number of keywords you have in your ad groups and if your ad budget is large or small. The larger the list of keywords and the higher the budget, the higher should be the frequency at which you should review the search term report.
Even if you have hired an agency to run your ad campaign, it is always advisable to review the search term report regularly by yourself. Either you will catch up on some issues with your ads and keyword match or you will know if you need someone with better expertise at running a Google ad campaign that provides higher ROI.